Saturday, 27 July 2013

Changing weather

Well the heat wave is staying with us and the fishing has been varied in my experience but saying that just as I sat down to pen this blog entry the heavens opened and I had to sort a blocked drain out that was the root cause of my garage being under 2 inches of water, the amount of rain that has just fallen in the past 20 minutes was incredible, it won't do the rivers any harm though.......

Flying Rudd

Josh and I visited the Tench lake a couple of Fridays ago, the temperature was over 27 deg C when we arrived and the result was the surface of the lake carpeted with Rudd as far as the eye could see, I had brought the fly rod with me today as I thought it maybe an option for the Rudd and indeed it was to be. Josh excelled on the fly rod and took over a dozen Rudd, his casting is improving no end.

 
 
 
I fished 2 method feeders for the Tench but the Rudd massacred anything I put on the hook, next time it will be a big boilie for the Tench but that narrows things down in my eyes.........
 
The new weir and fish pass has now been finished on the River Sowe above Stoneleigh, I really must get down there for a fish soon as it has thrown a few nice fish up for me in the past.
 
 
 
The Barbel on the stretch of the Avon I have been fishing have been hard to tempt although I am enjoying my fishing on the stretch nonetheless, I usually start the session on the float and then put a Barbel rod out for the last couple of hours before 'off' time. The float fishing is generally good sport and I seem to be making small amounts of headway as I have found a couple of groups of fish that seem to be unfished for at the minute, I am purposely staying away from the known pegs as I would rather find my own sport, it is taking some time though!
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment