Sunday, 22 July 2012

On a roll

Yes I am definately on a roll at the minute but not one that I would like to be on! The last three trips out have all resulted in a blank, a Tench fishing session ended in one run that I offered Josh to take, unfortunately the hooklink parted just above the hook after a few seconds. We then had a short evening trip on the Warks Avon that was about 3 foot on and looked great for a Barbel, again a blank was the result. I headed out alone yesterday to a stretch of the Trent, again there was water on and after walking the stretch I fished in what I thought was the smoothest water running over gravel but 5 hours later I was trudging off the stretch my my tail between my legs.
I suppose things can only get better and I may have a canal trip on the cards this week and have a crack at a Zander.

On a brighter note Josh's Drennan goodie bag arrived after he was one of the young angler of the month winners for June on Sky Sports' Tight Lines, he did really well and there was around £60 of kit that was sent to him, cheers Peter!



No comments:

Post a Comment